As we started to distinguish between nature and culture, history commenced. Although this process was a gradual awakening, the timelessness of natural man definitely is pre-historic.

Indeed, the change from a unity, wherein no distinction between nature and culture existed, into a duality wherein both are radically opposed to each other, did not occur overnight. An other, similarly important epoch of polar complementarity binds the two. During this polar epoch, for man there still was no time as such, but rather temporicity: a dynamics of recurring cyclic patterns.

Historicity emerged when that cyclic awareness of life and world got substituted with linearity. For the first time ever, progression to the future not only became a possibility, but a (the!) direction as well. And if progress points to the future, doesn't this have as consequence that the passed is less developed?

And what is it that historic man has passed? Right: nature.

Bring in the present!

For some time now, a new awareness of time is taking hold, while nature seems to revenge our approximately 8,000 years of cumulative neglect that it is a (the?) basic co-constituent of not only our humanness, but also of life, and the world at large.

Abject” means: despicable, vile, shallow, common, mean, and as noun it depicts the outcast.

My writings are deep explorations in the “nature” of human nature, and what consequences possibly pop up from orienting towards it … or away from.

The pillars I lean on are primarily:

Jean Gebser

Theodore Kaczynski

Bill Plotkin

Giorgio Agamben

Ray Kurzweil

No need to tell, that only the strangest concoctions can derive from such irreconcilable foundations.

This blog will host rudimentary thoughts that might evolve into fragments for my second novel. You are welcome to share your findings.

My first novel is written in Flemish (a paradoxical language that does (not) exist and is strongly similar to Dutch). A synopsis and information about how to obtain a copy can be found here (not yet).